- Two smart wool or synthetic t-shirts (running shirts work great).
- Smartwool doesn’t smell and is very light.
- One cotton shirt can be used as a towel after showering
| Baselayer Top|
- One medium weight, one expedition weight/micro-fleece
- Synthetic or smartwool.
- Will be used for layering, as well as for an outer layer while trekking
- Smartwool has better heat regulation and doesn't smell after multi day use
- To be used as part of your layering system when temperatures are just above freezing, but don’t warrant using a warmer coat
| Down or synthetic Parka/Coat|
- 700-850 fill down or synthetic fiber-fill, with 1.5-2.5 Lbs of weight.
- This should be bigger in size as it generally goes over rain jacket and other layers.
| Waterproof Rain Jacket|
- Pac-lite Gore-tex, e-vent, pertex, or another light-weight waterproof/breathable fabric
- Chest pocket is nice to have so you have pocket access while wearing your pack Choose lightweight over heavy (often more expensive) alternatives
- Be sure the jacket is roomy enough to accommodate a few layers underneath