A 30% deposit is required to guarantee your place on a trip. The balance is due 90 days before trip departure. If you book 90 days or less before trip departure, the full cost is due at the time of booking. Each booking includes a $200 per-person non-refundable registration fee.
- We strongly recommend trip cancellation insurance to protect against unforeseen events that may affect your ability to participate in one of our trips or courses. (including but not limited to injuries, COVID, medical emergencies, sudden work obligations etc.)
- Trip credit is only valid for 1-year from the original trip/course date.
All Available Options:
- Trip canceled by you 91-days or more before the trip start date: Full refunds minus the $200 registration fee (per person) will be provided. OR 100% of the total trip cost will be credited toward another Miyar trip.
- Trip canceled by you 61-90 days before the trip start date: 70% of the total trip cost minus the $200 registration fee (per person) will be refunded OR 100% minus the $200 registration fee (per person), will be credited toward another Miyar trip.
- Trip canceled by you 31-60 days before the trip start date: 50% of the total trip cost minus the $200 registration fee (per person) will be refunded OR 70% minus the $200 registration fee (per person), will be credited toward another Miyar trip.
- Trips canceled by you 15-30 days before the trip start date: are Non-Refundable OR 50% minus the $200 registration fee (per person) will be credited toward another Miyar trip.
- Trip canceled by you 14 days or less before the trip start date are Non-Refundable. This includes “no-shows” at the meeting location.
- If a trip is canceled by Miyar Adventures a full refund, including the registration fee, will be provided within one month of cancellation..
Note: A cancellation option can only be exercised once. Once you decide on a cancellation option, it cannot be changed again in the future. As an example, if you decide to move your trip credit towards a future Miyar Trip you've exercised the cancellation option. If you then decide to cancel your trip, we cannot offer a refund. In addition, if you decide on a trip credit to a future Miyar Trip, it applies to you and cannot be transferred to another person.
Why do we have this cancellation policy?
The primary reason we have this cancellation policy is to protect our staff. Our guides come from a variety of locations and have planned their guiding season around work that we have promised them months in advance. When clients cancel, our guides are at risk of losing work and the cost of being on location for that work. By retaining some of the trip cost we are able to have our guides work when cancellations may have resulted in the need to cancel a trip or reduce guide numbers to cover our costs.
The registration fee helps us recover some of the costs associated with time our office staff spends on client communication and the registration process. It also contributes to the expense of advertising a newly opened space when clients cancel.
Because outdoor activities are lower in priority than work, family, and health, cancellations are very common. Thanks so much for understanding our need to put these policies in place to protect our staff and our small business. We really appreciate your support.
For Miyar Adventures International Trips Cancellation Policy, please refer to this page: International Trips Cancellation Policy
We run our trips rain-or-shine. In the Pacific Northwest rain and snow are common in the mountains, and our business would not survive if we cancelled or rescheduled trips due to weather. Please do not ask to cancel or reschedule your climb due to weather. These requests will not be granted. Our guides are excellent at adapting itineraries to maximize comfort. For the rare circumstances where weather is a safety concern, your guide or our office staff will reach out to you to make arrangements to reschedule.