Miyar Adventures is an equal opportunity employer and insists on an environment of fairness and openness in our work place. Miyar was founded and continues to be guided by unbridled passion for the outdoors and climbing. We would expect a generous sprinkling of the same passion in all our employees and for almost all positions, this would be the primary consideration. And if you satisfy this condition, in addition to industry standard pay, generous exposure to different aspects of climbing and outdoor adventures would be a great takeaway as you work with us.
Miyar Adventures & Outfitters is looking for an experienced retail store manager to run a new outdoor retail location in the Redmond, WA area.
Location: Redmond, Washington
Contract position. Potential to convert to a Full Time employee.
- $14 - $18 per hour, depending on experience.
- Outdoor Gear Discounts.
- Chance to go on Local mountaineering and rock climbing trips, and learning from Guides.
- Help members get the gear and advice they need to be active outside.
- Keep yourself up to date with the products knowledge.
- Able and willing to perform essential duties for store operation as required: ordering/stocking inventory, sales, caring for rental gear, etc. Able to "wear many hats."
- Inventory management, keeping track of inventory/sales, Adding new items on POS/Shopify.
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develop business strategies to raise our customer's' pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability. Propose innovative ideas to increase market share.
- Personal and/or professional experience with outdoor recreation. Loves Outdoor.
- Outgoing and genuinely like helping people.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous Outdoor gear retail or customer service experience is a big plus.
- Experience as an outdoor activity instructor or a guide is a plus.
- OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
- DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Location: Redmond, Washington
Miyar Adventures is a small privately owned adventure travel company located in Redmond, Washington not far from Seattle. Miyar runs backpacking, rock and ice climbing, mountaineering, and instructional courses in the Pacific Northwest and overseas in Nepal, India, and Tanzania. The bulk of programs run by Miyar are mountaineering trips on glaciated peaks of the Pacific Northwest such as Mt. Baker, Mt. Shuksan, Glacier Peak, Mt. Olympus, and Sahale Peak. Miyar also runs fundraising climbs for the non-profit ASHA on Mt. Rainier. The company has been growing rapidly since its creation three years ago, which has resulted in an expansion of the number and type of programs offered, and the opening of a retail store in Redmond which also offers rentals of mountaineering and backpacking equipment.
- Coordinate client registration and preparation for programs via email, phone, and Skype.
- Process client registrations and oversee payment schedules.
- Work with Sandeep and Climbing Director to manage local climbs and programs.
- Assist in organizing events and presentations at the retail store and in other locations in the Seattle Area.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials and strategies.
- Maintain inventory in our retail store, rentals department, and office:
- Course equipment rental requests and returns
- Food, clothing, and gear in the retail store
- Group climbing and camping gear used by guides
- Organize food and manage food request inventory.
- General cleaning, drying, and upkeep of equipment.
Minimum qualifications and job requirements:
- Personal and/or professional experience with outdoor recreation such as backpacking, mountaineering, and rock and ice climbing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Lync
- Experience using the Google Docs/Drive sweet
- Ability to manage a variable schedule with a multitude of deadlines.
- Must own a personal laptop or computer with Microsoft Office 2011 or later edition that can be used for work purposes.
- Must have personal transport to and from the working location at 16421 Cleveland St b, Redmond, WA 98052.
- Must own a cell phone that can be used for work purposes.
This is an eight to twelve-week commitment. The timing of this commitment is somewhat flexible, but the summer months are strongly preferred.
Work trade credit toward Miyar Adventures guided trips is available at the rate of $11/hour. Personal climbing technique or rescue instruction may be available when the work schedules and locations of guides overlap with the work schedule and location of the internee.